Remove this ad

Lead

Jul 8 10 12:58 PM

Tags : :

Important for you to know!

July 3, 2010

On June 23, 2010, investigative journalist Wayne Madsen had an exclusive (for subscribers only) report claiming that his sources in the federal government, specifically the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) and the US Army Corps of Engineers, told him that emergency planners are dealing with a prospective "dead zone"  within a 200 mile radius from the BP Deepwater Horizon disaster in the Gulf. Madsen wrote:
"A looming environmental and population displacement disaster is brewing in the Gulf. The oil dispersant used by BP, Corexit 9500, is seen by FEMA sources as mixing with evaporated water from the Gulf and absorbed by rain clouds producing toxic precipitation that threatens to kill all marine and land animals, plant life, and humans within a 200-mile radius of the Deepwater Horizon disaster site in the Gulf. Adding to the worries of FEMA and the Corps of Engineers is the large amounts of methane that are escaping from the cavernous grotto of oil underneath the Macondo drilling area of Gulf of Mexico.
…federal officials dealing with the short- and long-term impact of the oil disaster report that the "dead zone" created by a combination of methane gas and Corexit toxic rain will force the evacuation and long-term abandonment of cities and towns within the 200-mile radius of the oil volcano."
Madsen then wrote that "Plans are being put in place for the mandatory evacuation of" the following 18 cities and towns: New Orleans, Baton Rouge, Mandeville, Hammond, Houma, Belle Chase, Chalmette, Slidell, Biloxi, Gulfport, Pensacola, Hattiesburg, Mobile, Bay Minette, Fort Walton Beach, Panama City, Crestview, and Pascagoula.
I sorted the 18 cities/towns by the states they're in and looked up their population numbers. The figures given below vary as to the year: some are 2010 estimates; others are from the 2000 Census. Click the state's name for the source of the population figures.
Louisiana:
  • Baton Rouge: 227,818 pop.
  • Belle Chasse: 9,848
  • Chalmette: 32,069
  • Houma: 32,393
  • Mandeville: 10,489
  • New Orleans: 484,674
  • Slidell: 25,695
Mississippi:
  • Biloxi: 50,644
  • Gulfport: 71,127
  • Hattiesburg: 44,779
  • Pascagoula: 26,200
Alabama:
  • Bay Minnette: 8,043
  • Mobile: 197,607
Florida:
  • Crestview: 14,766
  • Fort Walton Beach: 18,880
  • Panama City: 36,644
  • Pensacola: 53,820
Added together gives a total of 1,363,135 residents of the 18 Gulf coast cities/towns who are slated for evacuation, according to Madsen.
Remember this?
The population of New Orleans just before Hurricane Katrina in August 2005 was 454,865. As we all know, the city's federal flood protection levee system failed, resulting in the worst civil engineering disaster in American history. 80% of the city was flooded. By the time the hurricane approached the city, most residents had evacuated. But tens of thousands of residents remained in the city and had to be rescued or otherwise made their way to shelters of last resort at the Louisiana Superdome or the New Orleans Morial Convention Center. What resulted was a monumental human (and pet animal) tragedy. Over 1,500 people died in Louisiana; some are still unaccounted for.
And this?
The population of pre-Katrina New Orleans was 454,865, which is 33.5% of the population of the 18 Gulf coast cities and towns that Madsen claims are on FEMA's plans for evacuation. Put another way, the total population of the 18 cities/towns is almost 3 times that of New Orleans'.
How do the feds and the four state governments think they can manage the evacuation of so many?
Even more incredible/insane is this map (see below), the origin and source of which is unknown. The map was first posted by Chet Lockett on June 28 on the Morning Liberty blog:

Click map to enlarge
Where will 20 to 50 million people go?
~Eowyn
New Bug Out video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5dnavXK-8M

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 [url]

Jul 23 10 11:01 AM

Well, I guess you are right.  I don't think that most of us have participated in the wickedness that have caused this event, but nevertheless, we are the victims of it.  It is a bold statement to make; but in my opinion, I do not think our government will evacuate Florida, even if it is imminent that they need to.  Just my two sense.  I do not look for any help from the government, except what they have provided; which considering their resources and BP's have been little.  They will leave us to our own fates, and use the excuse of 'we didn't know..' when it really hits the fan.  I am trying hard to leave my domicile, it is not in the extreme regions, but it is obvious to me, that I need to go.  I welcome any help.  I have enough to buy a used R.V. but need information in where to put it.  I do not want to be anywhere South of Northern Tennessee.  Blessings.

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help